Friday, October 23, 2009

Tinkerbell Cake



This cake was a very special cake for me to make. It was my daughter's 2nd birthday cake. She just adores Tinkerbell so I knew that her cake would be all about Tinkerbell. I wanted it to not only be cute but also incorperate some of the enchantment of the forest where Tinkerbell lives. I made it with my double vanilla cake and a whipped chocolate buttercream. It's covered in fondant. The tree trunk and green forest floor are air brushed with edible coloring. All the extra details are made with fondant. Tinkerbell is a candle but everything else on the cake can be eaten. A magical cake for a magical day.





1 comment:

  1. I had the privelege to see and taste this one in person. It was even more amazing than the pictures show - what a sculpture - and the taste was great as well. Kids and adults ate it up. I did my share!

    ReplyDelete