Tuesday, September 15, 2009

America Loves Cake


A family member came across this article in the newspaper and passed it on to me. I found it very interesting. It states that "as children we learned to associate cakes with celebration, joy and good times." I found that statement to be very true. If you think about celebrations, usually a cake is involved. I think cake is a gift not only to the recipient but also to ourselves since we get to enjoy a slice too! This article got me thinking back to special moments in my life and not surprisingly most of them involved cake. These days most cake orders I do are for events such as birthdays, promotions, marriages, holidays, baby showers and even the baby's arrival. Cake is a way in which we share in the celebrations together. I love cake and apparently America does too!

No comments:

Post a Comment